- Role: Heavy Cruiser 
- Origin: Earth Alliance
- Status: in service as of 2281 
- Primary User: Earth Force
- Number Built: ±300 
- L x W x H: 1,714.3 m x 447.7 m x 486.2 m
- Crew: >547 
- Heavy Particle Cannon x 6 
- Particle-Pulse Cannon x 12 
- Heavy Mine Launcher x 2 
- Missile Tube x 72 
- FTL via hyperspace jump engines
- Thunderbolt-class aerospace fightercraft
- Starfury-class fightercraft
Known Named Ships
- Agrippa †,
- Cerberus †,
- Churchill †,
- Orion † (abandoned),
- Persephone †,
- Pollux †,
- Roanoke †,
- The Omega-class was designed by Paul Bryant. 
- While it’s classified a “destroyer” in the show, the Omega-class was more like a heavy cruiser in service: independently patrolling an area of space under the command of a senior line officer.
- Sleeping in Light.
- Estimate based on the numbers seen in “Severed Dreams,” “Endgame,” A Call to Arms, and reported in “War Zone.”
- “Intersections in Real Time.”
- Each of the Omega‘s heavy cannons can fire both beams and pulses.
- While it has been established that the secondary cannons of the Shadow-enhanced Omega X-class cruisers could fire sustained beams, the stock Omega‘s secondary cannons fired only pulses.
- Never established on screen, but it was designed as such.
- B5 Scrolls.