- Role: Heavy Cruiser
- Origin: United Federation of Planets
- Introduction: 2272/2273 
- Status: In limited service as of 2371 
- Primary User: Federation Starfleet
- Number Built: >5
- L x W x H: 305 m x 140 m x 75 m
- Crew: 300 
- Deflector Shield System
- Phaser Bank (Particle Cannon) x 18
- Photon Torpedo Tube x 2 (144 torpedoes carried) 
- Speed (Observed STL Maximum): 0.5 c 
- Speed (FTL Maximum): >Warp 7 or 729 c 
- Shuttlecraft x 2
Known Named Ships
- NCC-1701 USS Enterprise †,
- NCC-1701-A USS Enterprise,
- NCC-1707 USS Intrepid ,
- NCC-????? USS Olympia †.
- Rarely, this class has been called the “Enterprise-class” or “Enterprise-subclass.” That would make a lot of sense.
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture.
- (DS9) “The Sound of her Voice.”
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.
- Star Trek: TMP.
- Old-Star Trek warp 9 converted to the TNG scale would be just over warp 7.
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home production material.